Equipment Testing Reports
Several types of testing have been done to date on eGSE.
- Electric Ground Support Equipment Advanced Battery Technology Demonstration Project at the Ontario Airport - July 2013
FMC 160e Pushback Tractor
eGSE Cost Benefit Analysis Modeling Tool
This modeling tool supports the analysis of deploying eGSE versus internal combustion engine (ICE) GSE at airports. Electric and ICE baggage tractors, belt loaders, pushback tractors, and infrastructure were analyzed at two airports on the west coast, one in the midwest, and one in the northeast. Based on data collected from these locations, a model was developed as a tool for this project and for use by the general airline industry, electric utilities, and other interested stakeholders. The results and the cost model operating guide can be found in the below report. The analysis and model development was performed by Electric Transportation Engineering Corporation (eTec) in the course of performing work sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy's Advanced Vehicle Testing Activity, Electric Power Research Institute, Southern California Edison Company, Sacramento Municipal Utility District, Southwest Airlines, Georgia Power Company, and Delta Airlines.
Cost Benefit Analysis Modeling Tool for Electric vs. ICE Airport Ground Support Equipment - Development and Results
The Modeling Tool can be downloaded to your PC. However, neither the U.S. Government nor any of the sponsors, including Electric Transportation Engineering Corporation (ETEC), makes any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the model, nor represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the U.S. Government or the sponsors and ETEC. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the U.S. Government or any agency thereof. Additionally, the AVTA and the Idaho National Laboratory do not provide any support for downloading nor operating the Modeling Tool software.
Download the Modeling Tool
Download the Modeling Tool software into a separate folder and then click on setup.exe for the Model to self install.
eGSE America Test Specifications and Procedures
The following specifications contain the minimum requirements for baseline performance testing:
- Electric Aircraft Cargo Conveyor (EACC) - August 2005
- Electric Aircraft PushBack Tractor (EAPT) - June 2008
- Electric Baggage Tow Tractor (EBTT) - August 2004
- ETA-GAC001 Control, Close-out, and Storage of Documentation
- ETA-GAC002 Control of Test Conduct
- ETA-GAC003 Preparation and Issuance of Test Reports
- ETA-GAC004 Review of Test Results
- ETA-GAC005 Training and Certification Requirements for Personnel Utilizing ETA Procedures
- ETA-GAC006 Receipt Inspection
- ETA-GAC007 Control of Measuring and Test Equipment (M&TE)
- ETA-GTP001 Vehicle Verification
- ETA-GTP002 Traction System Test
- ETA-GTP003 Battery Capacity and Depth of Discharge Test
- ETA-GTP004 Electromagnetic Interference and Susceptibility Test
- ETA-GTP005 Battery Charger Performance
The above documents are available as Adobe Acrobat PDF s (Download Acrobat Reader).